About Mark Skousen
Known as the “maverick” of economics for his contrarian and optimistic views, his sometimes-outrageous statements and predictions, Mark Skousen is a college professor, prolific author and world-renowned speaker. He’s made his unique sense of market and investment trends known and respected in the financial world. With a Ph.D. in economics and a focus on the principles of free-market capitalism and “Austrian” economics, Mark Skousen has often gone contrary to the crowd in his investment choices and economic predictions — and has often been proved right.
His more unusual predictions include:
- Forecasting in the early 1980s that “Reaganomics will work!”
- Sending a special alert to subscribers of Forecasts & Strategies to “Sell all stocks and mutual funds” on Sept. 8, 1987, just six weeks before the 1987 Stock Market Crash
- Calling for the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the collapse of Soviet Communism
- Predicting of the biggest bull market on Wall Street in the 20th century — the 1990s
- In his April, 2003, issue, Skousen gave a strong “buy signal” on the stock market, very close to the bottom of the market. At this time, he also introduced the Anti-Terrorist Portfolio, which has been remarkably profitable so far
- In the height of the 2009 economic woes, he predicted the Dow would hit 10,000 by the end of 2009, and was right!
Mark Skousen has built a reputation for not only accurately identifying the right economic and political trends, but also the right investments for the times.
An almost idealistic proponent of liberty and political freedom, Mark Skousen is actively involved in some of the most prestigious free-market and liberty think tanks in the world. He frequently speaks and writes articles for organizations such as the Cato Institute, the Foundation for Economic Education, the Libertarian Party, the Council for National Policy and the Mt. Pelerin Society. You can read many of those articles or listen to some of his speeches. He is also the producer of FreedomFest, an annual conference held in Las Vegas (the country’s most libertarian city!) and billed as the world’s largest gathering of free minds on liberty. You can visit www.freedomfest.com for more information.
Grantham University recently named its business school the “Mark Skousen School of Business” in honor of his many achievements. Skousen was recently named to a list of top 20 most influential living economists (Super Scholar). He is a member of American Economics Association (AEA) and the Mont Pelerin Society, and is an award-winning financial adviser, best-selling author and university professor.
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c/o Eagle Publishing Inc.
One Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20001