AFTER 30 YEARS IN THE MAKING, ANNOUNCING AN HISTORIC FIRST…
THE MAXIMS OF WALL STREET
A Compilation of Financial Adages, Ancient Proverbs, and Worldly Wisdom
By Mark Skousen
“Bears Make Headlines, Bulls Make Money”
Attention all investors, subscribers, stockbrokers and money managers!
For nearly 30 years, I have been collecting all the old wise adages, proverbs, and legends on Wall Street, based on in-depth interviews with old timers, reading rare financial books, and my own experiences in the financial markets. (I’ve been writing Forecasts & Strategies since 1980, when President Reagan was elected.)
“Maxims” is destined to be a classic reference that you will read with delight for years to come, and an ideal gift to investors, stockbrokers and money managers.
“Maxims” is the closest thing to Wall Street scripture ever created. The work contains:
- Over 800 adages, by such notables as Warren Buffett (“If you wait to see the Robin sing, Spring may be over”)….J. P. Morgan (“Troubled waters make for good fishing”)….Humphrey Neill (“The public is right during the trends but wrong at both ends”)….Richard Russell (“In a bear market, the winner is he who loses the least”)….and Steve Forbes (“Everybody is a long-term investor until the market goes down”).
- Old Timer’s stories like the “trading sardines”…..where are the customer’s yachts?…..the gold bugs…..commodity traders…..The origin of “blue sky”…
- Famous lines from Baron Rothschild, Ben Franklin, John D. Rockefeller, Joe Kennedy, J. P. Morgan, Bernard Baruch, John Templeton, Jesse Livermore, John Maynard Keynes, Ben Graham….
- Sage advice on beating the market, diversification vs. concentration, value vs. growth, bulls vs. bears…..black swan events…..day traders…. doomsdayers and casandras….plungers and the peakcocks….hot tips and insider information….Losing money and missed opportunities…Wall Street vs. Main Street…chartists vs. fundamentalists….leverage and debt….privacy and government….taxes and tax havens….inspiring “Rich Man’s Pearls of Wisdom”…and intriguing short stories such as “The Extra-Ordinary Life of Warren G. Hardaway.”
- Quotes from the profound to the profane: “Nobody is more bearish than a sold-out bull” and “In the land of the blind, the one-eyed is king”….“To err is human, but to be paid for it divine” and “Definition of obscene profits — something you always hear about but never experience yourself.”
How to Order Your Special Numbered Copy
“Maxims” is nearly 300 pages long, published handsomely in a special limited edition in leather and gold lettering. Only 1,000 copies were printed in this first edition. Each copy is numbered and autographed. Choose your favorite number (anywhere from 10 to 1000; the first ten are already taken). Price is only $24.95 plus $5 S&H, or a total of $29.95. Once the 1,000 copies are sold, the first edition will no longer be available. To order, call or send to:
Eagle Publishing, 1-800-211-7661
One Mass. Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20001
When you call, mention code MAXIMH. And be sure to mention your favorite number.
IMPORTANT NOTE: “MAXIMS” IS NOT AVAILABLE IN BOOKSTORES OR AMAZON.COM. You can only order this book through my publisher, Eagle Publishing, 1-800-211-7661.
I’ll end with an appropriate quote from Ben Franklin: “Genius without education is like silver in the mine.”
I guarantee you’ll be a better investor by frequently reading “Maxims of Wall Street.”
Bullishly yours, AEIOU,
“The world’s largest gathering of free minds”
July 14-16, 2011, Las Vegas
P. S. I will be giving my first talk on “Maxims of Wall Street” at FreedomFest, followed by an autograph session. We are expecting over 2,000 attendees, so I urge you to join us now by going to www.freedomfest.com or calling 1-866-266-5101.